Storage question

HI,

Can anyone tell me does the arduino mega read the storage or memory information differently than the nano.

I have a sketch which works perfectly with the nano but has problems with the Mega. i think its storage related and how it reads the memory.

gregchill: HI,

Can anyone tell me does the arduino mega read the storage or memory information differently than the nano.

I have a sketch which works perfectly with the nano but has problems with the Mega. i think its storage related and how it reads the memory.

The Nano, and Mega have different Pins for the SPI bus.

Chuck.

thanks,

internally do they read memory the same?

gregchill: Can anyone tell me does the arduino mega read the storage or memory information differently than the nano.

When you say "storage memory" what memory are you referring to? The internal flash memory, an external SD card or some sort of external memory IC (flash,sram,eeprom etc)

Thanks for the reply i have included the part of the sketch the deals with the memory.

Storage.cpp (5.17 KB)

Storage.h (1.24 KB)

Define "problems". What does it do? Does it generate any error messages?

Hi thanks for the reply,

its a midi foot controller with 10 leds and 10 switches, it has a internal menu which lets the user select program change number midi channel number select change patch name how many banks you want to select and a few other things

by default its set up to read 16 banks of 4 and this works fine with the nano, but at the moment with the mega it reads 64 banks and it wont let you select any other number. and the midi channel number lets you select for 1 to 16 with the nano but with the mega it is stuck on the exact same number as the bank select number and wont change channel 64. so no midi is being sent out because there is no midi channel 64.

so i was wondering if the mega reads memory differently to the nano. i also had a teensy 3.1 and the same thing was happening.

no it compiles fine.

and i,m not getting any error messages.