Store Value and time information to reduce redundancy

Hello!

I am new to the Arduino platform and was thinking of something. I am trying to read 6 potentiometers connected to the armature of a robot, store those values and try to play the values back by use of servos.

During the process, the potentiometers are read at the rate of about 60 samples per second. I am planning on storing these values into an excel file. Is it possible to store values and also the time duration for which the value remains constant? What I am trying to say is, if a value of 160 is rad from a potentiometer and it stays the same for 4 seconds before a change is made, the recorded values occupy 4*60=2400 lines with the same value 60. Instead, is there a way to store the value of 60 and the time duration for which it remains at the same value till a new value is recorded?

I hope the question is clear and makes sense. Thank you in advance!

Instead, is there a way to store the value of 60 and the time duration for which it remains at the same value till a new value is recorded?

Of course. You can record when you read a particular value. Then, if the new reading is different, get a new time. Write the time and new value. Excel would then be responsible for sending the value and the time to hold that value (based on the difference between two times) back.