Storing data in SRAM while on battery power, then connecting USB and transfer

Would the following be possible?

• I run an Arduino on battery power (4 AA batteries, 6V through the 5V voltage regulator).
  • Collect some data from an external SPI-connected ADC, and store the info. on an external SPI-connected SRAM.
  • Connect USB to Arduino, and serially-display the data that was on the external SRAM.

The reason for doing this is to have a cleaner power supply for more accurate data collection purposes by avoiding the noisy USB connection,
but at the same time, I'd like to use the USB connection eventually to retrieve the collected data.

falconzinx:
Would the following be possible?

• I run an Arduino on battery power (4 AA batteries, 6V through the 5V voltage regulator).
  • Collect some data from an external SPI-connected ADC, and store the info. on an external SPI-connected SRAM.
  • Connect USB to Arduino, and serially-display the data that was on the external SRAM.

The reason for doing this is to have a cleaner power supply for more accurate data collection purposes by avoiding the noisy USB connection,
but at the same time, I'd like to use the USB connection eventually to retrieve the collected data.

Shouldn't be a problem, but based on your question, you might want to look at SDcards and VFat.

You would have to create a hardware board to hold your SRAM, write a library to interface to this new hardware.

Vfat and SdCards are a mature implementation for data storage on an Arduino.

Chuck.

Yes, I have my own hardware board with SRAM created, and tested to work.
I think the concern was with the Arduino auto-resetting when the USB is plugged in and data not being maintained when that happens (i.e.: the CS pin not guaranteed to be high during a reset).

To solve that potential problem, I've found a way to prevent a reset from happening:
https://tushev.org/articles/arduino/22

But yes, having Vfat/SDcards would be a better solution for this purpose, I'll look into getting the related hardware.