storing data wirelessly received from an analog accelerometer

Hey Guys

I'm completely new to all this so apologies for the amateur question!

I have an analog accelerometer taking 10 recordings a second and I'm using two series 1 Xbees to transmit the data from just 1 axis to my Arduino Uno. How do I go about storing the incoming data to an array on the Arduino's memory (presumably with the EEPROM.write() function?) which I can then read and send to my laptop serial port after about 20 seconds?

Thanks in advice for any help! Using complete beginner terminology would be much appreciated!
Tim

I have an analog accelerometer taking 10 recordings a second and I'm using two series 1 Xbees to transmit the data from just 1 axis to my Arduino Uno.

Binary or ASCII?

How do I go about storing the incoming data to an array on the Arduino's memory (presumably with the EEPROM.write() function?) which I can then read and send to my laptop serial port after about 20 seconds?

That depends on how you are sending the data, and what else the Arduino is doing.

The data is ASCII.

My current sketch simply deciphers the hex packet received by the Xbee and prints the incoming data. However the serial monitor seems to only be able to read 4bits/sec whereas I want to see the 10/s which my accelerometer is reading. Therefore I'm trying to locally store all the incoming data (for say 20s) then send that data to the serial port in an array which I can later plot in Matlab

Thanks

The data is ASCII.

Why? Binary data is smaller.

My current sketch

Which you still haven't posted.

However the serial monitor seems to only be able to read 4bits/sec

No. The serial monitor can receive data far faster than that. Seeing as how there are 8 bits per character, you're claimed rate of 1 character every two seconds doesn't pass the sniff test.