Storing programs on SD card

Is is possible that I store my programs on SD card on retrieve them for processing by arduino.The reason I am asking this is because my code size exceeds the permissible limit of 32KB.

No.

Is is possible that I store my programs on SD card on retrieve them for processing by arduino.The reason I am asking this is because my code size exceeds the permissible limit of 32KB.

Think about what you are asking. Let's ignore the program size issue for the moment. Do you know anything about how a uC accesses the program ? (ie: the bootloader)

I found a bootloader (C source code) but it is not the default UNO bootloader, it is an optiboot bootloader. Maybe someone else can post a link to the default bootloader C source code , although the differences are probably not too relevant to this post. In any case this should give you an idea of what the bootloader needs to do. The point is that for what you want to take place, the bootloader would need to access the SD card. Someone else will have to decipher the code for you because I only know that the UART related code is critical but don't understand how it works. https://code.google.com/p/optiboot/source/browse/optiboot/bootloaders/optiboot/optiboot.c

Its going to be far more practical to use a different processor.

Mega2560 has lots more storage.

due has even more

If you need small footprint consider the Teensy

Good Question

I also wondered if it was possable to dynamicly load in a new program (sub-routine) on the fly like for instance if you needed your program to "Switch Gears"

See reply #1