Strange behaviour Duemilanove

Hello,

my until now perfectly working (1 week old) Duemilanove started to not work properly out of nowhere. When I power it on, it works for some minutes and then shuts down. I can't upload anything or get any response, until unpower it for some hours(!) and then it works again for some minutes.

Power supply and Serial-USB Chip work all the time. Tested only wih Pin13 onbaord LED, nothing else connected.

Any ideas?

No idea, really. Could it be a faulty usb cable ? First two things I'd try are another usb cable and a different usb port on the PC.

HTH

Well first check is to plug it in and wait for it to fail, then take a meter and measure between the +5vdc pin and a ground pin to see if you are losing the board's power.

PS: 10,000th post, boy do I need to find a life or what?

Yeah, offhand sounds like a power problem. Maybe something loose.

PS: 10,000th post, boy do I need to find a life or what?

Hmmm, seems like getting to be a God with 557 posts, like nromani, would be preferable to getting to be a Shannon with 10001 posts (whatever those ratings even mean, LOL).

The power is stable all the time.

I also need to wait some time until it works again. Is this an issue, that could be caused by a too high current on an output pin? Althoug I wouldn't know when that could have happened. All pins are working by the way, when the board works...

bonjour, Je suis tout nouveau dans l'univers Arduino et j'ai une question à propos l'utilisation de l'arduino pour le traitement du signal vidéo Mon objectif est de construire une canne blanche électronique en utilisant l'arduino le probleme est dans la choix caméra vidéo qui peut supporter sue la l'arduino et est ce que le microcontroleur 32bits peut supperter le signal vidéo merci de m'avoir aider