Strange element Protocol A

Hello all. Please help me, what it is?

Interesting question and I have no idea of what you are asking as I see nothing strange in the drawing. You posted a partial schematic for probably RS2322 interface but it is lite on the voltage side for that unless short distance and low baud. The circle thing you can find in any standard TTL or HCMOS data book. I get the impression you did nothing to determine what this is. You might start by telling us what Protocol A is and where this fits into the system. I would suggest you do a few tutorials on basic electronics, and this will make sense to your.

The thing in the circle is an inverter, probably TTL or (H)CMOS: Inverter (logic gate) - Wikipedia .

Erik_Baas:
The thing in the circle is an inverter, probably TTL or (H)CMOS: Inverter (logic gate) - Wikipedia .

Thank you.
How do you think this element will fit here?74HC14D http://www.farnell.com/datasheets/2000343.pdf

Strange design. There are better circuits.

vaddik:
How do you think this element will fit here? 74HC14D

I don't understand your question. 74HC14D is an inverting Schmitt-trigger.

You are correct it is a schmitt inverter and it will help clean up noise. It is logically and plug compatible with the part shown but has a much better front end. You might want to do a few basic tutorials on logic design and see if you can get a logic data book, they are on line in PDF but I think they quit publishing them maybe 20 years ago.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.