Strange problem with wemos d1

Hello all ,
I have strange problem with wemos d1 mini. I have installed esp8266 modules, neopoxel , wemos drivers. I can upload a code to it , also tried the blinking sketch of the on board led - is blinking. When i attach one shield - rgb or relay and try some sketches - nothing is happening.
Before an year i have used a code with wifi credentials and all was working . Now i am not sure if this is something with the updates or with windows 10.
Did you have such problem ?

Thanks

Not familiar with ESP based boards so can't help.

It will however help others to help you if you post your code (between
** **[code]** **
and
** **[/code]** **
) and post a schematic how everything is connected.

Hello,
Just found a picture in the net

Code - every code for neopixel. Also this from the link above. Led shield is just not turning on at all, relay also.

The processor you have is a 3V3 one. While this may work in the majority of situations it is outside the speciation of the WS2812. So you have a very badly designed shield because there should be some level shifting between the output of the processor and the input to the LED.

That shield works for me - and for most who have used it. The fact that you have been unable to make either it or the relay shield function immediately suggests that you are using the wrong code.

So you really need to read the instructions for posting and cite the code you are using.

Hello,
This is the point :slight_smile: i am using the same code as before one year , also original one taken from the manufacturer website.
Now the computer is different, os - 10 latest and also software is latest.
For me it is not the code, but either the drivers or something else. That is why i am asking if somebody has this problem before.

Well, fixing the plethora of problems with Windoze 10 is a thankless task. It is driving me nuts at work (the only place I am compelled to use it) with a (USB) mouse that spontaneously disconnects and reconnects as I try to work, with the repeated "dah-dink" sound effects. :astonished: And that is only one of the issues.

But you state that you can successfully upload a "blink" sketch, so there is no apparent reason why a correct sketch for the LED or relay would not upload correctly.

If you post the codes you are attempting to use, then one of us can possibly go and dig out the modules in question from our storage bins and try that code. :grinning:

Hello,
sorry.. everything is fine.
it seems that the pin is another one. normally it was D2 also the same is written on the plate.
now it is D4..

#define PIN D4

Grumpy_Mike:
The processor you have is a 3V3 one. While this may work in the majority of situations it is outside the speciation of the WS2812. So you have a very badly designed shield because there should be some level shifting between the output of the processor and the input to the LED.

My 5V WS2812's work just fine on 3V3 logic levels.

SteveMann:
My 5V WS2812's work just fine on 3V3 logic levels.

Yes that is what I said, sometimes it works and others it doesn’t. Having seen the not working situation a few times tells me that this is a problem and if you have it working then it is only working on the margins, which is a bad way to design electronics.

There is so much stuff on the net that worked for the author by sheer fluke, they then rush to put it on instructables and then others can’t reproduce it.

Getting something working is the easy bit of electronics, getting it to work every time and for a long time, is a lot harder.

Grumpy_Mike:
Yes that is what I said, sometimes it works and others it doesn’t. Having seen the not working situation a few times tells me that this is a problem and if you have it working then it is only working on the margins, which is a bad way to design electronics.

The specs for the WS2811 strings I use says that 2.6V is a logic "1". (Vdd-0.7V). However, if the first WS2811 is more than 1M from the ESP, I bump it with a driver. In my case 74LS244 (because I have a bunch in my parts bin).

The specs for the WS2811 strings I use says that 2.6V is a logic “1”. (Vdd-0.7V).

No it says the VHI is .7Vdd which is 0.7 * Vdd.

So if you are supplying these with a 5V power supply then the minimum voltage high is 5 * 0.7 = 3.5V.

The measurement parameters are for powering the chip at 4V5 ~ 5V5