Strange Windows 7 Problem

I have the SdFatInfo example (the one that checks the status of a microSD card) working on the Arduino connected to my Windows XP machine. It works every time with no problems.

From my Windows 7 (64-bit) machine, I am able to compile/upload the sketch and run it. However, it always results in a failure to read the SD card.

Today I tried uploading the sketch from the XP machine, then switching the USB cable over to the Windows 7 machine and IT WORKS!

So, something must be failing on the sketch compile or upload from Win7, but no error is reported.

Is a binary file created somewhere that I can move from XP to Win7, then upload it to the Arduino from there? At least this might help verify that the compile on the Win7 machine is bad.

Any ideas are appreciated. Thanks.

-Bob F.

Is a binary file created somewhere that I can move from XP to Win7, then upload it to the Arduino from there? At least this might help verify that the compile on the Win7 machine is bad.

You will be looking for a *.HEX file located in your %TEMP% directory. You will need to learn to use AVRDUDE from the command line. Holding the shift key then clicking Upload from the Arduino IDE will help.