Stuck even before setup fuction

Hello guys i have circuit to control a relay from a mobile phone. I use esp8266,atmega328p and arduino bootloader. I encountered the problem after leaving my circuit 3 days open, fully functioning, until i cut the power and plug it again few hours later, which end up my pcb to stuck. The code didn't even enter the setup part of the code, where my rgb change its color. Then I plugged to see serial output, but i saw nothing. NOTHING.

Do you guys have any idea?

No code, no schematic, no PCB drawing, no explanation about the power supply or how you cut the power or WHAT got plugged in again, or what serial output should be seen, and you expect us to have an idea?!

Did you even measure the voltage at the ATMega328P, or use an oscilloscope to determine whether a clock is present?

OK. Some power supplies produce an excessive voltage when shut down or when first powered up. Perhaps something has been damaged. Perhaps not.

Sounds like something broke. Couldn't tell you what though.

You need to check the voltages and see if they are correct. It is also possible something in the reset circuit for example is hanging. Without starting by checking voltages, you are shooting blind.

caneradiyaman6:
Hello guys i have circuit to control a relay from a mobile phone. I use esp8266,atmega328p and arduino bootloader. I encountered the problem after leaving my circuit 3 days open, fully functioning, until i cut the power and plug it again few hours later, which end up my pcb to stuck. The code didn't even enter the setup part of the code, where my rgb change its color. Then I plugged to see serial output, but i saw nothing. NOTHING.

Do you guys have any idea?

I recommend going to the sticky thread that explains how to post enough information about
an issue to enable someone to begin to answer. Details detail details.

i added my schematic and my layout files to attachments.There are a sch and brd files in zip. I supply my circuit with 5V. The interesting thing that i uploaded the code again and it is working fine now. There was a little problem about Reset circuit of esp8266 but i dont think that can cause that stucking problem. It was working fine for 4 days at least and we also tried it before. it never happened in the past. Normally when i supply power to circuit. First esp tries to arrange its baud and i see meaningless marks in the serial after that atmega328p sends the AT commend to esp8266 and it responses OK to AT. But that time i tried everyting resetted it many times cut the power from usb from plug. But it did not change anything the only solution was burning the code again and it starts working fine now.

Trans_reciever.zip (137 KB)

Please no zip files.
Attach jpgs or png.

I stuck or faulty reset on an ESP will put it into a loop and it wont work worth a darn so to say

"There was a little problem about Reset circuit of esp8266 but i dont think that can cause that stucking problem." is just wrong.

Ballscrewbob:
I stuck or faulty reset on an ESP will put it into a loop and it wont work worth a darn so to say

"There was a little problem about Reset circuit of esp8266 but i dont think that can cause that stucking problem." is just wrong.

the reason why i think it cant cause stucking problem that if there was a problem about reset circuit of esp8266,code would have started to work and i wouldnt get an OK to AT comment. But in this case the situation is little bit different. It was working fine for 4-5 days. I unplugged it and brought to school lab and when i plugged it back. Microcontroller didnt run the code. And i dont know but it worths to mention. That morning i was working in lab for a class and we all had to set a full wave rectifier circuit we couldnt achieve to observe to expected full wave rectifier output. It seems like half wave in oscilloscope and we apllied insulator sticky tape to plug of oscilloscope after that we observed expected output without changing anything in the circuit.our instructor said it is about ground connection of oscilloscope. I dont know exactly but if there is someting wrong with these sockets. It might effect to my circuit ?

ESP's are known to fry quite easily.

I wasn't there and don't know how things were done so I cannot say.