Stuck on IR Input for LED Matrix

Hi all,

First time poster, recenter new user of Arduino, LEDs, IR, 3D printing, etc etc… Forgive me if this is in the wrong section, if it is, please refer me to the forum to post this.

I’ve been banging my head against a table for the past couple of hours trying to get this code to work. I have an Alitove LED 8x32 LED Matrix and I’m programming patterns using the Neopixel library and an IR Remote as Input. I am planning to make this a sign for my desk at work.

Motivation: my boss had someone make a similar sign for him, but I am determined to make mine much cooler :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Here’s what I’m trying to achieve.

• Arduino to receive input from IR remote.
  • Switch/Case: take input from IR remote based off hex value, case to specific LED pattern
  • If another IR Signal is detected during pattern run, (if I press another button), I want to stop the current light pattern, and switch over to the next.

I can get the input working just fine from the IR Remote, and everything is wired up just fine, but I can’t seem to make the “switch” between patterns.

Ideally, I would like to use all 21 buttons on the remote (especially, the PWR button ;D )

Code is attached, any help/feedback would be appreciated.

IR_Dotstar_LEDs.ino (6.47 KB)

From memory the IRremote and Neopixel libraries do not work well together because of the strict timing requirements of the Neopixels. A Google search should confirm or dismiss what I remember and may suggest some alternatives

This sounds like a switch case type of statement. Try this, I took it form this website.
Example Code
switch (var) {
case 1:
//do something when var equals 1
break;
case 2:
//do something when var equals 2
break;
default:
// if nothing else matches, do the default
// default is optional
break;
}

This response is to help you get started in solving your problem, not solve it for you.
Good Luck & Have Fun!
Gil