stuck on sending sms with direct link to google maps

playing around with an sim900, uno and gps

i can print screen a link without a problem using

Serial.print("http://maps.google.com/maps?q=");Serial.print(latd) ;Serial.print(".") ;Serial.print(latm) ; Serial.print(",+"); Serial.print(lond) ;Serial.print(".") ;Serial.print(lonm) ;

for the life of me i can't find any examples or methods of sending this in an sms so i have a direct link i can click on my smart phone, so far all examples are strictly as a set message and obviously with a moving gps signal each sms would be unique

i'm not looking for a handout but an example would be very much appreciated

so far all examples are strictly as a set message

So? Why can’t you replace the set message with your own set message? The message to be sent IS set. At the point in time you tell the Arduino to send the message, where you are is a constant.

You can use those 4 constant values, along with the other constant stuff to create a constant string, and send that as the message.

mrharvey1301: so far all examples are strictly as a set message and obviously with a moving gps signal each sms would be unique

You could use sprintf() or similar to produce a URL string containing variable parameters into a character array, and then send that in the same way as the examples you have already seen to send URLs defined as a hard-coded string. To make sure you've got the idea, you can test that by printing the content of the character array over the serial port.

from reading i feel that an array may work best as i have other information i'd like to include, such as status etc

my programming background is fairly basic, if i could get a link to a tutorial on constructing an array and actually applying it. It would be greatly appreciated

mrharvey1301: from reading i feel that an array may work best as i have other information i'd like to include, such as status etc

my programming background is fairly basic, if i could get a link to a tutorial on constructing an array and actually applying it. It would be greatly appreciated

Google 'sprintf'.