Studio 6.2 can't find libraries that worked on the IDE before.

I bought an Arduino Zero and downloaded Arduino 1.7.6 IDE, No problems with the 1.7.6 IDE –it loaded a little program that included library calls (Average.h which in turn called WProgram.h) and it both compiled and ran fine.

However, 2 days ago I wanted to use the Zero’s on chip debug features so I invited disaster by downloading and installing Atmel Studio 6.2 and also VisualMicro (the latter from http://www.visualmicro.com/). I am still fighting with it!

I’m using Windows 7 and the visual micro files (from Visual.Micro.Arduino.Studio.vslx) installed to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Visual Micro\Visual Micro for Arduino\ but in the process of that installation I got 2 messages… “Registry Key not found C:\Program Files (x86)\Visual Micro\for Arduino, Software\Atmel\AtmelStudio\6.2\AutomationOptions\LookInFolders” and a similar one that said “Registry Key not found C:\Program Files (x86)\Visual Micro\for Arduino, Software\Microsoft\VisualStudio\10.0\AutomationOptions\LookInFolders”

I went on with the install and it said…”Visual Micro for Arduino has been successfully installed” I don’t know if those error messages are associated with the problem but when I run Atmel Studio 6.2 and Build a solution (F7) it suddenly couldn’t find those two libraries (Average.h and WProgram.h) that had worked just fine with the IDE and before Studio 6.2. I got a compile error: WProgram.h: No such file or directory and it listed the file that called it (Average.h). I can’t find Wprogram.h on my hard drive so maybe I don't have it because it didn’t download? Shouldn't WProgram.h have downloaded? (If not where can I find it?). Were the install errors the cause and how could I prevent them? This has consumed over 2 days :( Thanks for any help you can suggest! John

ElTigre: I bought an Arduino Zero and downloaded Arduino 1.7.6 IDE, No problems with the 1.7.6 IDE –it loaded a little program that included library calls (Average.h which in turn called WProgram.h) and it both compiled and ran fine.

The 1.7.x IDE is a product of Arduino.org, not Arduino.cc. If your Arduino Zero says Arduino.org on it you should try the forums on Arduino.org. If your Arduino Zero says Arduino.cc you should install the latest IDE from Arduino.cc by clicking on the "Downloads" link in the header above.