suggest me a good Power Supply and solar panels question

hi, first of all im stuck what kind of battery or anything you recommend me when i want to use my arduino whitout usb pwoering? doesn't need to be jack i can just plug it to Vin ! i got 5 coin cell batterys but as far as i know they will be drained so quickly and i tryed 4 batterys they are not stable and sometimes goes out of voltage 9(i use regulator) i dont have accsses to boosting ones!!!

and any of these solar panels are good? for even powering arduino !

9 volts 220 mA

6volts 0.6 Watts

9volts 3Watts

got a pretty small 2v ones linked 2 and it kinda turned on an led 4 of them cant make 5v at direct sun light!!!

sorry they're persian but specification are not!!!

why other threads are getting many replays why mine doens't even get 1? i made another same happened didnt' get any answer!

Its very hard to answer your questions without knowing what you are going to use the Arduino for, as this determines how much power it uses, and this determines whether its feasable to use solar panels to power it.
Even with Solar panels , you will still need a battery of some kind.
Will the Solar panels be outside in the sun?
How many sun hours per day do you get.
This is related to your latitude.

I will use obly on day ligh,
How should i use battery whit solar?? One of them included battety btw!

Uses: from simple app reading adc to moving servo or showing on lcd hownuch power each request? Ehat are good common supplys for normal usage!

And sorry for prev replay i thought i posted this yesterday!! :smiley: but still i saw other ppl getting replay after seconds;D

Take a look at New solar project: Minimalistic system - Exhibition / Gallery - Arduino Forum which should answer most of your questions.

mauried:
Its very hard to answer your questions without knowing what you are going to use the Arduino for, as this determines how much power it uses, and this determines whether its feasable to use solar panels to power it.
Even with Solar panels , you will still need a battery of some kind.
Will the Solar panels be outside in the sun?
How many sun hours per day do you get.
This is related to your latitude.

the thread shows how to connect solar to arduino but is that good?? And what about non solar options?

I use these equipments to run arduino with solar power.
i use a 12v 10 watt solar panel.
http://www.ebay.in/itm/Solar-Panel-10W-12V-/151222937790?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_203&hash=item233596e8be

a charge controller
http://www.ebay.in/itm/Solar-Charge-Controller-12V-5Amp-upto-75W-Panel-Prevent-Battery-Overcharge-/121188214533?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_203&hash=item1c37616705

and a 12 v 1.3 Ah battery to store the charge.

kamhagh:
got a pretty small 2v ones linked 2 and it kinda turned on an led 4 of them cant make 5v at direct sun light!!!

Do you have them connected in series, like you should for trying to get a higher voltage?

I found that solar cells seemed to be spec'ed very optimistically, making it difficult to select an appropriate one for your needs. This is particularly true of the cheap small ones on ebay. Assuming the sellers are honest (ya right), that's the spec for high noon on a crystal clear day pointed directly at the sun at the equator, with no windows in the way.

Ideally, to run an Arduino off Solar power, you need to know how much power the Arduino uses during the period
that you want it to run, and this means measuring the current drawn.
You can then determine how big a battery you need to power the Arduino, and how big a Solar Panel to charge the battery.
Without knowing the power consumed by the Arduino, you cant go any further, unless you simply grossly overengineer the project by using a large battery and a large solar panel.

kamhagh:
why other threads are getting many replays why mine doens't even get 1? i made another same happened didnt' get any answer!

kamhagh:
the thread shows how to connect solar to arduino but is that good?? And what about non solar options?

No wonder you aren't getting many answers. You ask about solar panels and then about non-solar options? So that is ... what? Batteries? Mains power?

I will use obly on day ligh,
How should i use battery whit solar?? One of them included battety btw!

That is virtually gibberish. If you are using Google Translate it isn't doing a good job. If you speak English please take the time to spell things correctly.

DrAzzy, mauried, Nick, you realize you’re replying to a necrothread brought back from the dead by a spammer?

Lol, dealt with. :slight_smile: