Suggest Me!

Hi folks the following is my need ,kindly suggest some way or Hardware probably arduino that will make be able to achieve the following:

3G GSM Portable camera user send SMS command and the device make pictures and sends them to the sender phone by MMS or to FTP \ HTTP web site

The requirements are as follow: As small as possible PCB GSM Camera Dimensions not exceeding 25-30mm wight x 50mm lengt x3,5mm heigth. Pictures resolution 1280x960 or 3-5 MP Video resolution 640x480 30FPS Power 3,7V- 5V Ultra small power consumption

Functions that is send by pre-programmed (administrator) phone to the sim card number that is inserted in the camera:

1.Administrators phone set up, by sending this message with phone number and default password you setting up the admins phone number. GSM camera is responding by sending sms confirmation.

2.Password change - sending sms with default password + new password, GSM camera replies by sending sms confirmation that password was changed.

3.ftp \ http connection set up.

4.Time stamp with every picture

5.camera get sms with command "sendit" and make picture and send it to admin phone \ FTP\HTTP .

1. camera get sms with command "sendit2" "sendit3" and the camera send multipal pic like th SMS number and send it to admin phone \ FTP\HTTP

2. After sending pictures camera goes to stand by/sleep mode to lower the power consumtion

So where does an arduino fit into all of this?

Why can't you use a phone with camera?

@zoomkat ,here an Arduino fits in >> http://imall.iteadstudio.com/development-platform/arduino/arduino-compatible-mainboard/im120411004.html , only thing left here is a good resolution serial TTL camera which gives a photo of about Pictures resolution 1280x960

@florinc, The only problem im finding is how to extract the camera from the phone? further to the front

This is a great board. I am about to (impulse) buy one.

NI$HANT: @zoomkat ,here an Arduino fits in >> http://imall.iteadstudio.com/development-platform/arduino/arduino-compatible-mainboard/im120411004.html , only thing left here is a good resolution serial TTL camera which gives a photo of about Pictures resolution 1280x960

Well, sounds interesting, so what is your problem?

Well, sounds interesting, so what is your problem?

The problem is that im not able to find a CMOS camera that is basically operating on Serial TTL interface with the uC all the one's i find on sparkfun and most of the HOT sites are able to click a picture of about 640x480 resolution, THIS IS THE PROBLEM? SO can you please tell me where i can get it?

THIS IS THE PROBLEM? SO can you please tell me where i can get it?

No. If you cannot find your specific cam, it may not exist.

florinc: Why can't you use a phone with camera?

I agree with this. A smartphone will have everything you need already installed.

@ZoomKat - I think i may be missing something, may be with your knowledge i can get it, you may know it? may be? OK what you say? if a cam has a resolution of 640X480 when one makes video then it has to have a resolution of 1280x960 in picture?

I agree with this. A smartphone will have everything you need already installed.

I have already thought about the same! but the item is for a spy module ,So the only problem is that the camera needs to be extracted from the Phone and can't be at the same place that is within the phone itself.

So it all boils down to that how i can extract a camera out of the phone so that it can be mounted as a very small unit under neck or 2 button's down the collar and the wires simply go to the phone?

So it all boils down to that how i can extract a camera out of the phone so that it can be mounted as a very small unit under neck or 2 button's down the collar and the wires simply go to the phone?

I would buy an old iPhone, with a broken screen or battery, and would try to extend the connections to the camera with longer wires.

hi any progress?barackdhahabu@yahoo.com

If you are using an Android device I suggest you investigate a programming system called SL4A. There is an example project that creates a simple remote camera over the internet with very little code and NO extra hardware. http://leone.panopticdev.com/2010/08/turn-your-android-phone-into-remote-spy.html

...R