Suggestion: Insert one new OPTION

Hi everyone,

In arduino, i think there is no option for reading current program in the microcontroller...whereas in ordinary Microcontroller 8051 and normal ride and dumperkit of 8051, we can easilly Load and read the program...

Please provide this option in upcoming versions for Arduino LOVERS like me....

Thanks for reading this .....

You CAN read the hex file from the Arduino. You won't be able to do anything useful with it, unless you just want to upload the same hex file to another Arduino.

and you can convert the hex to an assembly listing (with quite substantial effort, and that is an understatement)

Satheesh_NeO: Hi everyone,

In arduino, i think there is no option for reading current program in the microcontroller...whereas in ordinary Microcontroller 8051 and normal ride and dumperkit of 8051, we can easilly Load and read the program...

Thanks for reading this .....

You can't read the source code if the code originated in C/C++ or another high-level language, only the assembly-language listing, as 'machine code'. The same would apply to the Arduino, making the 'read' useless to most Arduino users.

I haven't used it much yet, having just got started with Atmel and arduino, but more than likely Atmel Studio with AVRISP II or the stk500/600 dev board would allow you to read the assy listing back out of a chip.

There are probably other disassembler utilities available that can do it with an external programmer, too, if you really want to try to make sense of the assembly listing.