Suggestion – New section – HMI (Human Machine Interface)

Beside existing discussions, I think important discussion about HMI, how build HMI, what are options/tools available for HMI, examples and projects, how HMI can communicate with Arduino, etc.

What do you think?

How "impotent" are you as there is medical help for some forms. ;)

Accept :)

YediStudio: how HMI can communicate with Arduino, etc.

Interfacing w/ Software on the Computer

Beside existing discussions, I think important discussion about HMI, how build HMI, what are options/tools available for HMI, examples and projects,

I notice you sell something HMI related. I can't help but suspect that your actual intent is to use this wildly popular website to promote your products.

Oh. I see you already are.

I understand your point. I am guest over here and I respect house rules.
Here’s my two cents.

I think, HMI topic is legitimate topic and should exist no matter what, I will post something or not in it.
Yes, you absolutely correct, I am trying to promote something, like we all over here. We promote ideas, projects, software, and hardware, everything that can help community grow and build better projects.

I am trying to promote Godot game engine, because this is excellent graphic tool for building HMIs. It is open source and it is free. It is simple, and overtime can be very good generic HMI tool, for home or professional projects. I have no personal engagement with Godot, except, I like the engine.

Yes, on my website, you can find solution, how put together HMI (Godot-HMI) , Arduino, Velocio and Omron PLCs , with more than few practical examples, which are free, and yes I promote my Comm Server, because this is tested, simple, affordable, and very effective solution to combine Godot-HMI and Arduino boards.

Tend to agree with YediStudio.

Am more used to interfacing with FANUC items myself but I can see a spot for his things and approach.

Considering Forum users can't tell the difference between the Website and Forum section and the Project Guidance section; or tell the difference between the English section and the Spanish or French sections I can only see a new section adding to the confusion.

Especially as HMI has elements of hardware and software.

IMHO there are already too many sections.

...R

Hi R2

He did say "topic"...Dont think hes asking for a "section" as that would not happen.

Ballscrewbob: He did say "topic"...Dont think hes asking for a "section" as that would not happen.

I have assumed he meant "section". Anyone and everyone can start a new Topic.

...R

Go ahead and start an HMI topic in either the Interfacing w/ Software on the Computer section (as already suggested) or the Other Software Development section.

Usually a forum will not create a new section until it's clear that a existing section is being overrun with "too much XXX discussion where it doesn't really belong."

Sorry, I little bit misguide you. When I said topic, I mean section.

When I think about HMI, first I think, about GUI (graphic user interface), icons that represent devices in a project, HMI screens, screen navigation, person(operator(s)) who will use the HMI, all possible interaction between human and HMI interface, possible alarms and human response in emergency situations.

Of cause, when you develop HMI you have to use some type of software, understand hardware, network, be a little bit an artist, be a database administrator, etc.

I understand, majority of project no need HMI, but if you add HMI, HMI can bring different flavor even in a simple project.

YediStudio: Sorry, I little bit misguide you. When I said topic, I mean section.

If you edit your Original Post you can correct the Title.

Have you read my Reply #6?

...R

I understand, to many sections, but this was just suggestion.
let’s close this topic

One vote for HMI section. Including keypads, LCDs, touchscreens, processing, Android…

My opinión: HMI is a big subject in computing science and un automation.

nickanor: One vote for HMI section. Including keypads, LCDs, touchscreens, processing, Android....

My opinión: HMI is a big subject in computing science and un automation.

I agree it is a big subject.

But as you yourself have provided a long list of ingredients how do you propose (for example) to explain to the users whether their LCD question should go into HMI, or Project Guidance or the Programming section?

Sorry, but IMHO a HMI section would just make life more confusing and create more work for the Moderators moving things around.

...R