Suggestions for a more powerful Micro Controller

Hey all, I've been using arduino for a few years now, and I love it but some of the projects I'm doing would work much better if I had something faster. I love how easy the arduino is, I teach it to all of my friends and they pick up on it quickly but I'm looking for something faster. I'm an electrical engineering student, and I know some assembly, but I want to stay with C since I know it well and it's relatively high level (compared to assembly).

Options I've researched:

Netduino- It is much faster, which is what I want, but I don't use the standard arduino boards as it is now. I like the pro mini breakout boards that I can mount to my own PCB's and use in my breadboards. If they made a netduino as a stamp, I would buy it in a heart beat.

Propeller P8X32A - I've heard they are really good, but I'm very unfamiliar with them and it has me a little scared.

Raspberry Pi - I bought it for $30, the demand was so high (about a year ago) I turned around and sold it for $80. I tried getting it going, but I don't know Linux and I'm not a CS guy.

If anyone has any suggestions I would love to hear them.

If anyone has any suggestions I would love to hear them.

If you love Arduino why in heaven would you not have consider the Arduino Due ARM based board that runs at 84Mhz in your list?

I like it but I want to be able to put it in a breadboard, or on a project where I don't need a giant box to hold the board.

Teensy3 ?

macgruder13,
Well since you were at least interested in a PI, you could at least check these out
http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/FRDM-KL25Z/FRDM-KL25Z-ND/3529594 programmable in C++ or mbed(online c++ ide/compiler built on C++ like Arduino)

Buy Texas Instruments parts | Ordering resources | TI.com free C++ studios in several flavors.

Got both, fairly easy to program in C++, and cheap enough to try.
TomJ

ATmega1284 @ 20 MHz?

I would second westfw's recomendation for teensy 3.0 if you want something that can go on a breadboard, but is a bit more powerful than an arduino. Unlike the mbed or raspberry pi, you can program it with a modified version of the Arduino IDE, so the learning curve is simpler. However, since this is the Arduino forum, if you go with the teensy3, you should go over to the forum at pjrc.com instead of here.