Suggestions for buy used 3 phase motor

Hello i am looking to buy some cheap 3 phase 1/2 or 1 HP motor. I built an 3 phase inverter but i need cheap motor to make tests.

If someone knows something more i will be thafull.Most motors i search on net was delivered from US and that costs so much to come to EU.

Well, three incandescent light bulbs would work and be fairly cheap. Get ones that are appropriate for the voltage between each leg of the inverter output.

Paul

You mean

LegA - light bulb - LegB
LegB - light bulb - LegC
LegC - light bulb - LegA

Right?

Some 3-phase inverters rely on the inductance of the windings to work as the current sensing assumes slow ramping.

I presume we are talking induction motor here, not synchronous motor? The normal source for these is washing machine spares and recondition units. Watch out for all the washing machine motors that are not 3-phase induction.

Inverter for asychronous 3 phase induction motor.

I am looking for a cheap solution. Most used motors are around 60euro but with over 70euro ship/taxes

Legolas69:
You mean

LegA - light bulb - LegB
LegB - light bulb - LegC
LegC - light bulb - LegA

Right?

Right!

Visit your local scrap metal recycling centre and chat up the owner, explaining that you are doing an education experiment and if you offer to take it back when you're finished he might loan you one or even sell it at scrap weight price.

Legolas69: Inverter for asychronous 3 phase induction motor.

I am looking for a cheap solution. Most used motors are around 60euro but with over 70euro ship/taxes

On ebay the going rate for washing machine 3-phase induction motors seems to be about £25.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hotpoint-WT960P-Washing-Machine-C-E-SET-Induction-Motor-CIM-2-55-132-HP-/181732467436?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2a501962ec

That's for your replies people.

Mark thank you man.Seems those WashingMachine motor's are cheap and with low shipping.

Thanks again