Suggestions on hot air rework station?

Hey guys I’m wondering what your favorite inexpensive hot air rework station is? It doesn’t have to be super cheap but I don’t have hundreds to burn either. One of the ones I have literally burns the board and barely melts the solder at all, the last one I had worked good but the soldering iron was trash so I returned it. Just trying to find one that ONLY has the hot air, I do not want one with the soldering iron. Not critical but I think it would be cheaper without one. Also I was wondering if it was possible to buy a plug in hot air handle and plug it into a soldering station?

I'm happy with the 858D, and it has been around a long time, so you can check on line reviews.

jremington:
I’m happy with the 858D, and it has been around a long time, so you can check on line reviews.
858D Soldering Rework Station Iron Desoldering Hot Air Gun Tool 3 Nozzles US 757510709403 | eBay

I’ve tried the 858D and it has a really bad heater on it, it burns boards.

I have almost the same one, but with variable temp and variable airflow.
I think you must be able to control both.

Temps are fairly accurate, but above 240C it will of course burn boards.
Leo…

Mine has adjustable air flow and temp, and is very reliable. I adjust it so that it does not burn boards.

Almost any hot air blower can burn boards. The temperature is deliberately set high, to allow quick work. You are supposed to bear down on the part, quickly do what you have to do, and remove the hot air pronto. At least, that's what we did in commercial production. The automated station is much safer, it has better controlled airflow and heat, and runs a timed profile. We had a rule, if a board was heat gunned 3 times, it was thrown out.

Yes, indeed, one has to use the rework station sensibly.

aarg:
Almost any hot air blower can burn boards. The temperature is deliberately set high, to allow quick work. You are supposed to bear down on the part, quickly do what you have to do, and remove the hot air pronto. At least, that's what we did in commercial production. The automated station is much safer, it has better controlled airflow and heat, and runs a timed profile. We had a rule, if a board was heat gunned 3 times, it was thrown out.

I had an old one that never burned boards no matter what temp but returned it since the iron that came with it was super crappy.