Suggestions on how to make high current Automatic Switch

hello,
i have been a self taught learner on arduino programming,and i am stuck to build myself an automatic switch that will help me save energy bills.

below is a break down of what i intend to achieve;

1--- Room A uses all electrical/electronics devices;lights,cooker,TVs,Home theaters,A.C,Electric iron,heater,microwave etc.

i want a circuit that automatically trip off circuit breaker when only electric iron,and/or inductive devices are connected to any of the sockets in the room and come back ON after 5 seconds,this should happen whenever these devices are connected.

i have tried interfacing a current sensor module with arduino to achieve this without success.

Your kind assistance and suggestions would be appreciated.
Regards

coefficient:
i want a circuit that automatically trip off circuit breaker when only electric iron,and/or inductive devices are connected to any of the sockets in the room and come back ON after 5 seconds,this should happen whenever these devices are connected.

That reads as if it is OK if the iron is on along with several other things. I suspect that is not what you have in mind.

i have tried interfacing a current sensor module with arduino to achieve this without success.

Post a link to the datasheet for the sensor; post your program; and tell us in as much detail as possible what happens when you run the program and what you want it to do that is different.

...R

An absolutely perfect example of the x-y problem.

Please explain what you are trying to achieve and why as turning circuit breakers on and off is not a viable plan.

Robin2:
That reads as if it is OK if the iron is on along with several other things. I suspect that is not what you have in mind.
Post a link to the datasheet for the sensor; post your program; and tell us in as much detail as possible what happens when you run the program and what you want it to do that is different.

...R

thanks for the quick response..this is the code and the datasheet of the sensor.

#include <LiquidCrystal.h>

LiquidCrystal lcd(12, 11, 10, 9, 8, 7);

const int currentPin = A0;
int sense = 185;
int adcValue= 0;
int offsetVoltage = 2500;
double adcVoltage = 0;
double currentValue = 0;

void setup()
{
Serial.begin(9600);
lcd.begin(16, 2);
lcd.print(" Cofficient ");
lcd.setCursor(0,1);
lcd.print("Auto Switch");
delay(5000);
lcd.clear();
}

void loop()
{
adcValue = analogRead(currentPin);
adcVoltage = (adcValue / 1024.0) * 5000;
currentValue = ((adcVoltage - offsetVoltage) / sense);

Serial.print("Sensor Value = " );
lcd.print("Sensor Value = ");
if ( adcValue <= 5)//the maximum amp rating of the sensor
{
digitalWrite( currentPin,HIGH);// circuit stays on
}
else
{
digitalWrite(currentPin,LOW);//circuit trips off
}
}
the link to the current sensor datasheet below;

https://www.allegromicro.com/~/media/files/datasheets/acs712-datasheet.ashx

regards

WattsThat:
An absolutely perfect example of the x-y problem.

Please explain what you are trying to achieve and why as turning circuit breakers on and off is not a viable plan.

I really want to stop the use of electric iron and heater at home,i am suggesting if the current sensor is best way to achieve this with little programming.i want it in a way that whenever someone plugs the electric iron weather i am around or not.the room ciruit should trip off and come back on after 5 seconds.

Thank you

Weird ... if you cut the plugs off the iron and heater or hide them down the garden, lock them in a cupboard or sell on eBay then they can’t be used ?? Or can’t you tell People not to use them . If that solution wouldn’t work , what’s to stop someone turning off the Arduino when they want to do some sneaky ironing.
Anyway....

I’m not sure which hall
Effect sensor you are looking at - but most of those look unsuitable for the task or are digital ( on/off) sensors .
I would* use a clamp on transducer with a 4-20mA output , but you can run an iron for quite a while before that would save anything .

• ( if I needed it for some other job).