I have an Arduino Uno and a 32x16 Sure Electronics LED Matrix (http://www.sureelectronics.net/goods.php?id=1095). I've tried various different sketches that I've found lurking the net (including some stored on github, so in this forum, and some on the wiki) but not on has resulting in the LED's turning on.
Could the board I got from Sure Electronics be broken? How can I be sure? So far I've done the following:
- I checked each digital output pin on the arduino and was able to blink an LED with all of them;
- I checked each of my jump wires and was able to blink an LED with all of them;
- I checked each pin on the IDC cable that came with the LED matrix, and was able to blink an LED with all of them;
- I checked over and over that I plugged the correct arduino pins into the correct pin on the LED matrix
- I even tried removing, adding, and reordering calls made to initialise the LED matrix
So, is there anything else I can do before I email Sure Electronics to get a replacement? If someone here has this board, maybe they could attach code that def. works and I can try that, at least to rule out the code being the issue.