Surveillance System

Hello, I am looking at doing a project that incorporates Arduino, but I am not exactly sure where to start, or even really how to begin. I am wanting to do a video surveillance system. I need 1 hidden camera to run continuously with sound. I would like the video to be able to be accessed remotely, but if it has to record to a nearby computer or an SD card that is fine. I need huge storage space with high concealability of the camera. The camera basically needs to be a webcam in a computer mounted in a book or something like that... I can run a cable to a computer in the back office or something like that. I am trying to figure out how to do this, but I needed this to work like last week, so the sooner I can get this running, the better. Any advice is appreciated, thank you.

Survivor:
Hello, I am looking at doing a project that incorporates Arduino, but I am not exactly sure where to start, or even really how to begin. I am wanting to do a video surveillance system. I need 1 hidden camera to run continuously with sound. I would like the video to be able to be accessed remotely, but if it has to record to a nearby computer or an SD card that is fine. I need huge storage space with high concealability of the camera. The camera basically needs to be a webcam in a computer mounted in a book or something like that... I can run a cable to a computer in the back office or something like that. I am trying to figure out how to do this, but I needed this to work like last week, so the sooner I can get this running, the better. Any advice is appreciated, thank you.

With requirements such as "huge storage space", "video surveillance", what brought you to consider an Arduino?

You would be better served to get your check book out and call a security service capable of doing what you describe.

Paul