Switch On/Off External Bulb using Arduino Uno from C# program

Hello everyone, I am very new on Arduino site. Can you please help me on the following requirements:

1. I want to switch on/off an external bulb from a C# program

I have bought Arduino Starter Kits. I have set up the Arduino IDE. I have uploaded a Blink program from Arduino IDE to Arduino Uno and can see the LED is on.

So how can now switch on an External Bulb using this logic? How to assemble the Arduino Kits to accommodate Bulb Switch On/Off functionality?

So what will be the steps?

Advance thanks to all.

You mention C#, so are you trying to control the Arduino from a PC?

Also you mention a "bulb" do you mean a mains voltage light bulb?

Hi sirch, Thanks. Yes. you are right. How can i do that?

Start by writing a C# program that communicates with the arduino over serial. Have it instruct the arduino to turn the LED on and off - possibly by just sending ‘H’ for high (on) and ‘L’ for low (off).

While you’re getting that going, get yourself a relay board or relay shield rated for mains. Once you have it, you can have the arduino switch a led through it instead. If you know what you’re doing, you can then use the relay to switch something on mains voltages. If you don’t know what you’re doing with mains, something that encapsulates the switching, such as a powerswitch tail would be a better bet.

Hi wildbill , Many thanks. Can you please provide me some sample link or resources so that i can implement what you have explained?

Google "C# Serial" or something similar and look at the Serial example code that comes with Arduino.