Switchable, stacking power output

Hello, I am relatively new to this type of thing, but I have been researching for hours and I just need a little guidance as to what to search to achieve my end goal. With that, here is my conundrum.

I have a project that uses up to 12 lasers. My end goal is to have one button (Button 1) that will turn on 6 of them (Set 1), one button (Button 2) that will turn on 8 of them (Set 2) and a final button (Button 3) that will turn on all 12 (Set 3). I would like the buttons to turn the sets on sequentially, meaning Set 2 will include Set 1 plus two more and so forth.

Ideally, I would like to have all of this controlled by one master button that will control power to the whole thing and maybe a kill switch that would shut it all down. So the sequence would be: Master Button -> Select Button 1, 2, or 3 and then the kill switch at the end.

Mostly, I have been having a terrible time figuring out what to search for in order to make the buttons do what I want.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thank you for your time
Dylan Fleming

I suggest that you start with a tutorial designed to help with the use of buttons.
Google up "Arduino Button"
Get that to work and then build from there.
Let us know if you run into any difficulty.

Take a look at the examples that come with the IDE. The button example should get you started, although you will quickly want to move from using INPUT to INPUT_PULLUP.