Switching H7/ H1 automotive bulbs with Mosfets?

Hi,
I want to switch automotive lamps with an arduino and mosfets (cornering lamps function) . I want to have the lamp voltage controlled by PWM with 100Hz ish.
So far the software is not an issue, but the hardware is.

Can someone help me with the Mosfet selection and how to connect the arduino to the FET?

Nice project, i know VW and Audi uses this function, but how i actually works, i dont know.
Where are you going to get the "steering wheel angle" signal from, if you are going to use it?

This is not VAG only doing it. There's MB as well- even if the fog lamps look a little out of order when only one is switched on.

But look to Ford Mondeo Xenon lights. They have a static bending light in the headlamp (an not in the bumper) which is much more effective. I drove that 3 weeks ago and compared it to my girl friends VW cornering light- the Ford solution was so much better!

Reading the ECE carefully you are allowed to do the that with Turn indicator as well. A steering wheel input is not a must.

But what MOSFET to use?

The VAG group also have static cornering light in the headlight, on the passat 3c, audi a4, a5, a6 and a8, and skoda octavia, and skoda superb.

Why dont you just use 2 relays? or do you want to have the light to fade like it does on the VAG cars?

Relays? Mhh- I think that is not a comfortable way for the eyes hardly switching the bulbs. I planned to dimm it in and out...then I need a FET...

The load is probably pretty similar to a solenoid in resistance. Have read the solenoid entries here?
http://www.arduino.cc/playground/Main/InterfacingWithHardware

Thanks to all suggestions and support. I selected a Profet (PROFET online kaufen | Pollin.de) being designed for automotive applications.
Advantage: The Profet is directly arduino controlled, but PLUS is switched! :slight_smile: ...and its cheap (0,75?) and the nominal current is 8A!
The FET is current and temperature controlled and save against short circuit and is mispolarity safe.

I suspect it will work... :wink: