Switching inputs

Hello there,

So I'm working on a project and I have a lot of inputs I need to read from and I'm curious if theirs a chip out there that will do what I want that someone can point me too. I've done some searching but I cant find what I need.

Heres pretty much what I'm looking for.

I want a chip that acts like a rotary switch but lets me set what switch setting its on electrically.

I'm currently doing this with a 4017 ic, a lot of transistors, resistors and wires, so I'm trying to cut out a lot of bulk and cost.

Speed is not a big issue, I'm building a tester that will check paths for continuity for equipment I work on and this will make it a lot more convenient.

I'd appreciate any help.

First you should state if you signals to be switched are digital only or analog (0-5vdc) or both.

Is your present design anything like SparkFun’s mux breakout:

Lefty

Analog would be preferred but I could hack something up to work with digital.

And the chip you posted sounds like it'd be perfect, time to research!

Theres a tutorial in the playground for using the "littlebrother" to the 4067, the 4051 (only 8 inputs). It should give you a good starting point.

Look at my project. This has 16 analogue inputs going into just two analogue input pins. http://www.thebox.myzen.co.uk/Hardware/MIDI_Footsteps.html