Switching Output Stage

Hi everyone I have a quick question

Would it be possible to make the arduino board give out HIGH, LOW, and be disconnected all at the same time.

What I mean by the same time is giving a very very small delay.

Thank you,

(deleted)

Are you asking for the equivalent of: pinMode (pinx, OUTPUT); digitalWrite (pinX, HIGH); ditigalWrite (pinxX, LOW); pinMode (pinX, INPUT);

Yes, that'd be easy to do with 4 port commands which would skip the checking that digitalWrite does: DDRx command to set the pin as output - and maybe pinMode gets compiled down to that anyway PORTx command to set the bit high PINx command to toggle the bit from high to low DDRx command to set pin as an input again

CrossRoads: Are you asking for the equivalent of: pinMode (pinx, OUTPUT); digitalWrite (pinX, HIGH); ditigalWrite (pinxX, LOW); pinMode (pinX, INPUT);

Yes, that'd be easy to do with 4 port commands which would skip the checking that digitalWrite does: DDRx command to set the pin as output - and maybe pinMode gets compiled down to that anyway PORTx command to set the bit high PINx command to toggle the bit from high to low DDRx command to set pin as an input again

I am asking where one pin generates HIGH, and one pin generates LOW, and other pins being open so they do not give out a HIGH or a LOW. But each pin must take turns generating a HIGH, LOW or being open.

What would be the code to accomplish this...

rjsgml1226: I am asking where one pin generates HIGH, and one pin generates LOW, and other pins being open so they do not give out a HIGH or a LOW. But each pin must take turns generating a HIGH, LOW or being open.

What would be the code to accomplish this...

The pins that you want HIGH or LOW should be set with pinMode(pinNumber, OUTPUT); and then set HIGH or LOW with digitalWrite() and the other pins can be set with pinMode(pinNumber, INPUT); However INPUT is the default mode so you may not need to set it explicitly.

A lot depends on what is connected to the other end of the pins - and you have not told us that.

...R

Hi,

What is the application, if we know what you are trying to achieve we may be able to give you more concise answers. What are your inputs and where do they come from. What are your outputs and what do they control.

Tom... :)