Switec X27 Advice

Good Afternoon. Newb here. Before I get told to go do a search, I am very new to Arduino and coding and would like to build a simple project with my son. Here is what I am trying to do.
Using an Arduino and an X27 Switec stepper motor and potentiometer, I would just like to control the motor just as I would control it as a temperature or fuel gauge in an instrument cluster. I would like to be able to adjust the pot, and have the motor move accordingly.
I have looked for this project and I know I have seen it but I cannot get my hands on it. Can someone please point me in the right direction? Thank you in advance.

You will need a motor driver for the gauge. Adafruit has some relevant material and there are tutorials/demos on the web.

Okay maybe I need to be more exact. What I am looking for is something that has been completed and has been tested. There are literally hundreds of advanced builds done out there. I am looking for the one that uses an Arduino UNO and a potentiometer and allows me to control the movement from empty to full on a potentiometer. Even better would be for it to "zero" out on startup if I may.
I would like something already written as I am not familiar with code. I can do the electronics side of it but code has me stumped. Any help?
I do not want this needle to swing back and forth uncontrolled if that makes any difference.

Post on the "Gigs and Collaborations" forum section, and you may find someone to write it for you. You may be asked to pay.