Sx Video Module & The Bare Bones Board

Hi all, I am a total newb at this so bare with me. I just received my SX video module from http://www.hittconsulting.com/products/sxvideomodule/ and I'm looking to build a simple game platform. What my plan includes is implementing 2 games with 2player capabilities i.e. Simon and Bingo. My question is since the SX video module uses a serial connection to communicate with other devices how do I get the module talking to the "Bare Bones Board" & simple input devices?

Just use the Serial class and connect TX on the Arduino (or alternatives) to it.

Sorry to revive an old thread but…

I bought one of these neat little modules and got it working great with my BS2 but I’ll be darned if I can get it working with Arduino.

I need to run mine from Software Serial because the real UART will be doing important stuff - getting info from another micro to display on the SX video module.

The problem is the data that shows up looks like I have wrong baud - if you’re old enough to remember when you had to flip a switch on your modem to match the other modem when you called a BBS. But, I feel very strongly that the baud is set properly.

Just to test this, I hooked up a ttl serial lcd that works like a charm from the BS2 and it’s acting the same way.

Both these serial devices want their data 8N1. Could software serial be doing something else?

I’ve deleted softwareserial.o but that didn’t work. I’m running Arduino 0011 on an NG mega8 and mega168.

Any advice would sure be appreciated.

Mike

#include <SoftwareSerial.h>

#define txPin 7
#define rxPin 8
#define ledPin 13

SoftwareSerial mySerial = SoftwareSerial(rxPin, txPin);
byte pinState = 0;

void setup() {
// define pin modes for tx, rx, led pins:
pinMode(txPin, OUTPUT);
pinMode(ledPin, OUTPUT);