Sync two displays running uncanny eye sketch

Hello, and thanks for checking out my post.

I am making a costume using two TTGO Tdisplays running a modified version of the Adafruit uncanny eye sketch (TTGO-TDISPLAY-EYES/TTGO-TDISPLAY-EYES-DUAL at master · Mystereon/TTGO-TDISPLAY-EYES · GitHub) with Bodmer's TFTeSPI library (GitHub - Bodmer/TFT_eSPI: Arduino and PlatformIO IDE compatible TFT library optimised for the Raspberry Pi Pico (RP2040), STM32, ESP8266 and ESP32 that supports different driver chips) through Arduino IDE. I adjusted the program to only display one eye and moved it down a bit on the display. I want to connect the two boards to sync aspects of the animation. I am able to use a physical connection, or a wireless one if possible as well, it does not matter. It would be fine to multiply one ofthe displays if that would work as well. I just want to sync the motion, pupil, and blinking between the two displays.

I have already messed with the program for too long getting the eyes to line up in the costume. I am unsure if I have maker's block or what, but I can't figure out where to start to make progress with this portion of the project anymore.

Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Hi there, did you ever get this working? I’d like to do something similar with a picture. Dev

I doubt you will ever get an answer from the original poster.
But, you have the same logical problem he has. You cannot sync two motions. You can sync one motion to another and that may be easy to do. Try it.
Paul

Thanks Paul… that makes sense… I was wondering if he’d decided on a way to sync the two…

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.