TACUINO

Hello! a while ago i got a TACUINO board, i soldered it and its working fine, but the thing i dont understand is how can i connect more things to it. Like more LEDs or sensors. http://www.instructables.com/id/Tacuino-a-low-cost-modular-Arduino-compatible-educ/ Im following that guide to assamble it, i see i have several pins to use around the Attinity85, but i have no idea how to make the conections. If anyone can help me it would be awesome! thanks!

It's an attiny85 with a total of six I/O... only one pin remains unused. It's cute but not practical!

Just what are you looking to do?

You have to either break the board apart and free from the I/O that it is already attached to or better yet, get yourself a real Arduino like an Uno so you can do further experimentation.

The $2 eBay pro minis work just fine. This board works best and has the most connectors.

yeah i know other boards are more efficient. My only question is for example , how can i connect 3 LEDS to the Attinity, cos many of these are already connected to the devices in the TACUINO right? For example i want to ADD a second LED, do i just connect it to one of the I/O next to the Attinity and the other end to GND? If i choose for example I/0 0 its suposed to be the same one as the speaker on the board, this is what makes me confused. Thanks for the answers!

If i choose for example I/0 0 its suposed to be the same one as the speaker on the board, this is what makes me confused.

Your choice: the speaker or an LED.

You cannot add an LED to the thing as-is. Even if you could, never add an LED without having a resistor in series with the LED to limit the current in the I/O pin. But that's a different lesson...

The Tacuino is a classic case of a problem in search of a solution. It really does nothing well and it is more of a novelty than being useful. It is meant to be used as a simple trainer, demo'ing the attached I/O.

After you've done demos for each of the four attached devices, the intent of the design is to allow the thing to be physically broken into seven separate circuit boards which now frees up the six available I/O, keeping in mind that if you want to continue to use the serial terminal, you only have four usable I/O since two pins are needed for that connection.

You then reconnect the I/O that you want to reuse and add other I/O as needed and as can be used by the attiny, which while numerous, is code intensive since the device lacks hardware support for things like serial, I2C and SPI. It has some serious handicaps for doing the common maker type experiments, with not much beyond blinking leds and making tones with a piezo. It's not a chip that you should start with. Too many ways to get lost and frustrated. The chip has it's place, it can be used to advantage due to size and cost but being able to use that ability only comes with in-depth embedded micro controller knowledge.

Again, to have any flexibility in using the I/O, you need to snap the boards apart at the connection points. It's designed for that, the boards are milled and drilled so they literally pop apart with enough force. Once apart, you could solder header pins in the marked, gold plated holes and then connect the modules together with "DuPont" jumpers with females on both ends of the wire.

Thanks for the information, so if i want to make best use of it ill need to snap it and connect it with each separate part. I found little info about this on the internet. I just want to do a really simple thing. I want to use 3 or 4 Leds and connect them to the Board, there is any tutorial/project made with this board to guide me a little bit? thanks!

The Tacuino is a Digispark knock-off. The "creator" mentions Digispark in his Instructable but never appears to give them proper attribution for directly creating the software that makes his derivative product function. /rant.

You'll probably find zero Tacuino tutorials on the web other than the Instructable. But, you will find many for the Digispark. Snap the processor off and you've got a Digispark. Well, almost. You'll have to reconnect the USB module to the processor to be able to upload sketches.

I think that little thing was designed for one purpose. I agree with jremington, if you plan to do ANYTHING extra with that device - you should consider buy Arduino MINI (or a NANO that actually comes with the usb programmer so you don't need another thing to buy just to burn the code).

You'll have the freedom of extra pins to expand with, among other things.

I've been re-doing my own tachometer device for quite a while. Mine has evolved into LCD display, with a menu - to change the input signal processing, to read from a dc motor or a v6 engine.