Taking performance measurments...

First background, I work for a Cryogenics company that builds liquid nitrogen generators. I have been working on a side project to collect performance data from them while we have them in our shop. We need to verify that each machine liquefies nitrogen at the correct rate. Normally this would require people coming by the production floor at all hours to take readings of the levels and writing them down for later analysis.

The first version of my project was almost Identical to the web server sample, that just posted analog readings to the web. (this let people do this form home. Further iterations allowed us to track other things like if a compressor is to hot and such. No I want to implement actual math that measures Liters Created per hour. And I am a little stuck. I know I need to use the time.h library of something to stamp data points but I am not sure how to store a running set of data points and only dropping of the old stale ones. I know this is a pretty broad question but if anyone can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.

I am attaching a copy of the code so far, don’t laugh I am new to this. But I hope that someone out there might find it useful in some way.

Web_Monitoring_Station.ino (17.5 KB)

how to store a running set of data points and only dropping of the old stale ones.

Circular queue.

pguerra75: No I want to implement actual math that measures Liters Created per hour. And I am a little stuck. I know I need to use the time.h library of something to stamp data points but I am not sure how to store a running set of data points and only dropping of the old stale ones. I know this is a pretty broad question but if anyone can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.

How did you get from maintaining an hourly total, to the need to drop stale data points?

If you want to store the data long term, it would be best to do that off the Arduino. That's easy enough to do, using a USB or network connection to a PC.