Taking the plunge?

Hi,

I’m looking to get an ultrasonic bath for my electronic projects, I’m putting a Nano on a PCB, then a second PCB on top of the Nano on the same soldered headers. And my soldering/fingerprints on copper clad board/over use of flux is pants.

Is it safe to bath the Nano?

Very grateful for any advice on electronics and baths.

Don't put flux on your pants.

I clean PCBs with IPA and an old tooth brush.
While the board is still wet I rinse the board with water then dry with compressed air.

You may have to repeat this process a few times.

Do not put electronic stuff in an ultrasonic bath! You will destroy the insides of the IC, etc. Just do what larryd suggested and you will be fine.

Paul

larryd:
Don't put flux on your pants.

I clean PCBs with IPA and an old tooth brush.
While the board is still wet I rinse the board with water then dry with compressed air.

You may have to repeat this process a few times.

Thanks Larry & Paul, very interesting thread too, lots of good tips.

Are we talking IPA=Beer? I may need a box of tissues to get me past the fluxin crying stage though.

Phil.

IPA = Isopropyl Alcohol. Also known as Denatured Alcohol. It's not drinkable alcohol.

MorganS:
IPA = Isopropyl Alcohol. Also known as Denatured Alcohol. It's not drinkable alcohol.

Any alcohol will work. IPA is used because it is the cheapest. Denatured alcohol is ethel alcohol with methel alcohol added to make it poison.

Paul

Thank heavens for that, I was about to put Larry on ignore lol

Many thanks for enlightening me that there was another IPA outside of BEER! :slight_smile:

Twice I read that as Ringworm brewery.

Jiggy-Ninja:
Twice I read that as Ringworm brewery.

It's a session beer, keep drinking it n it'll read write in the end.