Task Scheduler other than cron?

I am currently using cron to execute a task every 60 seconds. crontab provides a resolution of 1 minute (not second)

So, I tried the python scheduler tool and another scheduler tool. They do not provide functionality similar to cron. I want my task to be executed every 60 seconds between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m. The scheduler tool does not automatically start executing the tasks according to the provided schedule upon reset during the day(cron is capable of doing that).

I also tried installing APScheduler but there are dependency issues (it has a dependency on python-setuptools and the space gets filled up while trying to install setuptools).

While cron seems to meet my needs, all tasks are being executed at the 1st second of the minute i.e. 7:59:01 instead of 7:59:00. I could emulate the cron functionality using the python scheduler but I don't think it is necessary to reinvent the wheel.

Are there any scheduler tools available as an Arduino Yun package that has a resolution of 1 second.

yamanoorsai_15:
I am currently using cron to execute a task every 60 seconds. crontab provides a resolution of 1 minute (not second)

::::SNIP::::

@yamanoorsai,

• you can use the system sleep, which will get you ~1 second resolution. (it will drift over time)
  • you use select(2) to get finer time resolution
    Both can be done with python; use time (examples)

Jesse

Install APScheduler:

opkg update
opkg install python-openssl 
opkg install distribute 
easy_install  apscheduler