TB6612FNG Motor Driver

Hi,

I was checking out the description of TB6612FNG Motor Driver on this web page, SparkFun Motor Driver - Dual TB6612FNG (1A) - ROB-14451 - SparkFun Electronics. It says, “Two input signals (IN1 and IN2) can be used to control the motor in one of four function modes: CW, CCW, short-brake and stop.” Does this mean that the brake could also be applied using this controller? What does the term “short-brake and stop” mean? I’d appreciate it if you could help me with it?

I guess that short-brake means brake by shorting the coils. In this mode the motor works as a generator that deserves noticeable force for turning it manually.

Stop instead may keep the coils disconnected, the motor is only idle and can be turned easily by hand.

You can find out yourself, both modes cannot damage anything.

Thank you!

I hope that when the motor works as a generator, it doesn't damage the other circuitry by applying opposite voltage.

Dynamic braking will slow the motor down, but WILL NOT hold it from being rotated by a load, the slower the RPM the less braking effect. (Zero braking at zero speed).

When the motor is shorted it can not generate a voltage.