Tc35 - no answear

Hey, I bought a tc 35 (Siemens) and tried to send SMS with it. It worked, but when i try to communicate with the board over my nano, i cant get an answear. There's no error, no ok nothing?

I uploaded a clear script and connected tx of the arduino to rx of the board and the same with the rx pin.

Is it possible that there's a problem with my board? or am i only wrong in what ive done?

BaudRate 9600 and CR.

Pls Help me... :frowning:

Thanks

janneswa:
Is it possible that there's a problem with my board? or am i only wrong in what ive done?

If only we knew what you have done.

Don't you think seeing the code involved would help answer that question? Or shall we just guess?

Im only sending an at in the serial Monitor... The tc 35 should give me an ok back? I uploaded an empty sketch.. But nothing ist happening..

I uploaded an empty sketch… But nothing ist happening…

What do you mean “an empty sketch”? What hardware are you using, Op System, and version of the Arduino IDE?

janneswa:
I uploaded an empty sketch.. But nothing ist happening..

Isn't that what an empty sketch should do? Nothing.

Well, i dont need a Sketch i just wonna get an "ok" when i type in an "AT" in The Serial Monitor. Thats why i uploaded an empty Sketch .. And that should even work without code...

janneswa:
Well, i dont need a Sketch i just wonna get an "ok" when i type in an "AT" in The Serial Monitor. Thats why i uploaded an empty Sketch .. And that should even work without code...

And how do you think you can get a computer to do anything without a sketch (program) ?

...R
PS ... that is the polite version :slight_smile:

Im sending an at over the Serial monitor.. What for should i need a Sketch there ?:s

Because that "sketch " will be the one that will give you the "OK" you are expecting and you don't see!

Oh okay... Can You tellcme what needs tocbe in The Sketch? .. I thought the ok will come from the tc35?

janneswa:
Oh okay... Can You tellcme what needs tocbe in The Sketch? .. I thought the ok will come from the tc35?

It seems to me that you have a fundamental misunderstanding of how computers work (or else you are just being mischievious). NOTHING can happen in a computer without a program. So if you wish to receive data and display it you need a program.

Have a look at the examples in Serial Input Basics - one of them may meet your need - perhaps the 2nd example.

...R

janneswa:

Google is your friend; it provides plenty of information.

janneswa:

It needs to take in the Serial Data from the tc35 and echo it to the Serial Monitor.

If you're going to use the Hardware Serial from the board to talk to the Serial Monitor, then you cannot use the same Hardware Serial to talk to the tc35.