Tca9548a wiring help

I am new to arduino and trying to get two 4 pin displays working but not sure if they are hooked up right? I burnt one screen out already and don’t feel like giving up I am using a tca9548a to drive the displays independently I am using this board so I can add more stuff later as I learn. Thanks in advanced :slight_smile:

Sorry, but that picture is nearly useless. Can't see what's connected to what. Please post a schematic. Hand-drawn will be fine.

By the way, sometimes you can connect 2 of these oled screens without the multiplexer. Some oleds have a 0R configuration resistor on the back. By moving it to a slightly different position (fiddly!) you can change the address of the oled on the i2c bus.

I hope this will make more sense of where my wire placement is? I am not good at schematics. but this is how I think the wiring should go! I think this will not smoke right?

That looks ok to me.

Not sure how you could have burned that oled before. Maybe you swapped VCC and GND?

PaulRB:

That looks ok to me.

Not sure how you could have burned that OLED before. Maybe you swapped VCC and GND?

yeah, I must have wired the now dead OLED backward's. If you say the wires look good then I will give it a shot and report back with an update! thanks:)

Some of the Oleds have the VCC and GND reversed.

bluejets:
Some of the Oleds have the VCC and GND reversed.

that must have been what happened! as one OLED was a tad different. I will remember that thank you:)

Please start using the REPLY button instead of the Quote button. Using Quote makes the thread very long and repetitive without adding anything. Only use Quote for small sections of a post that you want to ask/reply to a question.

Update: I just changed the address on the back of the OLED and got them working! I am just sticking with 2 displays as the multiplexer is too much to fiddle with lol!

3dfbomb:
the multiplexer is too much to fiddle with lol!

Correct!