Team project

Hi guys,
I'm Antonio me and my friend last year started to work on a project.
This one:
domotic greenhouse

We'd like to improve this idea and why not to create a commercial product.

I'm writing here because we need someone other that could help us.
Obviously in the first time this will be an hobby without money, but I think it could be a great opportunity to know new people and to test itself.

What do you think?

Regards,
Antonio

IMHO... you'd be better served by stating:

Why you need another team member?

What skill/skills are you looking for? Or this new team member should possess?

You could also cut down on costs if you went with some ESP modules instead of the wi-fi shield.. (and possibly get rid of the Arduino's too)

I'm not clear why anyone would want to join the team for free?

Arent you already at the hobby level? So the next is commercial? Or is you dont have a working hobby version?

Also.. I'm not sure your current approach.. but if things need to change/update in real time.. how are you sensors and stuff all communicating?

You might be better served using a RaspberryPi 3 set up as BOTH a:

• MQTT broker (for all connected devices, you no longer need to POLL a database for changes.. MQTT is a subscribe/publish low overhead type of platform)

• Install LAMP (web server, mysql, php, apache..etc) on the RaspberryPi as well.. this way you can also log data, as well push out notifications to the correct device.

(There are several PHP classes out there to communicate to MQTT server)

Example:

RPi3 with MQTT/LAMP install

• Arduino #1 with temp sensor connected.
  • every xx seconds.. you send, save, log the temp in the room
  • you can have logic that if 'temp' gets to be above your desired threshold, that it immediately, not only logs the data, but pushes out notification to the 'Fan' (connected via Arduino or ESP..etc) that is subscribed to the topic instantly.. and the fan is on.. the "FAN" (device) doesnt have to do anything but sit there.. and wait for the notification

IMHO.. this is the best approach for your project..

You are perfectly right.
I posted on this forum because I believe in the Arduino idea, in other words I believe in sharing knowledge and experience of people from different country and background.

I’m an electronic engineer and my friend has a degree in computer science. One year ago we started this project and now we are working on it after work.
We are looking for someone who likes our idea and could complete our lacks.In particular we are looking for someone who has experience with MQTT and web server using raspberry pi and with comminication using esp module.

Our first step is to develop a working product and then we are gonna try to achieve an idea of business.

Regards,
Antonio

rossotony88:
I believe in sharing knowledge and experience of people from different country and background.

That's admirable. I love the open source community too.

rossotony88:
we are gonna try to achieve an idea of business.

Aaaaaannnnnddd, you blew it.

Seriously though, try posting in the gigs and collaborations section of the forum. That's a good place to pick up team members. Just be aware that if you're going for profit they're going to want a piece if they help.

Thank you. I'm gonna post it in the other section.

Aaaaaannnnnddd, you blew it.

I think no, also Arduino is an idea of business, but different from the others.

I'd like to develop a system to improve the farmers work and products quality that we eat.
And using Arduino it could be for everyone :smiley:

rossotony88:
And using Arduino it could be for everyone :smiley:

But if you are going commercial business then it won't be for everyone. It will be for everyone who can afford to pay you for it. That's a different story altogether.

Be careful with licensing. Most of the core arduino stuff can be used in a proprietary product, but lots of the libraries are licensed such that anything you use them in must be open source.

Delta_G:
Be careful with licensing. Most of the core arduino stuff can be used in a proprietary product, but lots of the libraries are licensed such that anything you use them in must be open source.

^ very true. be careful about how far ahead you plan on this commercial project piggy-backed on other hard (open source) work.

We are looking for someone who likes our idea and could complete our lacks.In particular we are looking for someone who has experience with MQTT and web server using raspberry pi and with comminication using esp module.

Well… at this point… why would the developer in question/new team addition NEED the rest of the team for?

Someone with this MQTT experience could set up the project by themselves. No need for your ‘team’ (it seems you need this new addition to your team… more than the new addition would need your team)

I could help you get the Raspberry Pi3 set up as both a web server (LAMP)… as well as configure it for MQTT server use… but I have no need or desire to join your ‘team’ for free. (I could set this up myself… and have done so before/already)…