teensy compiling error for 1.6.12 and 1.6.13

There is something in both Arduino 1.6.12 and 1.6.13 that prevents teensy 3.2 code from compiling. Same code works fine with 1.6.11. Drove me crazy trying to figure out why my code wouldn't work on another computer. Generates a cryptic error message saying code wont compile for teensy 3,2

Why not ask on the Teensy forum?
Failing that, which version of Teensyduino are you using and post your code (in code tags - use the </> icon)

Pete

"a cryptic error message" - just because you don't know what it means doesn't mean nobody does. The error probably points to a solution - but you haven't posted it.

You should always post the full contents of any and all error messages whenever asking for help with any issue that results in an error message.

If I want to de-install a now working environment, and re-install the broken version I would give you the exact text of the error message but basically it said something along the line of failed to compile from Teensy 3.2 board. As far as the teensy forum, going back to the previous arduino version cured the problem. So i figured it was an Arduino problem.

BTW on a side note Serial.println() says it will print any data type in the documentation; but an uint64 causes the code to not compile with numerous error messages like it is walking through all the different types to find one that satisfies it.

As far as posting code, what good would that do when code works in one version but doesn't even start to compile with newer versions of Arduino. It appears to be some type of environment problem since it doesn't seems to recognize the board type. The code was the examples for using NRF24l01 boards.

Since I am rather new to this environment a bit more patience might be called for.

FYI: @msaine has now asked this on the Teensy forum (and hijacked a thread to do it).

please don't jump all over me like the Arduino folks did

a bit more patience might be called for

My patience is exhausted.

Pete