Teensy LC not turning on!

Yesterday i bought a Teensy LC from a distributor of adafruit in my country (Bangladesh). I used it to build a line follower robot with a L298N motor module and QTR 8RC sensors. The car was running great all the day but suddenly it stopped. I checked the bot and the teensy was not powered on. Even a USB connection from PC is not turning it on. I mean no led blinks no detection nothing! Can anyone help me out whats wrong with it? Is it dead? Or any other way to re use? One thing coming to my mind that i haven't made any wrong connections. If i made so, the teensy would have been dead a long ago! But the car was running beautifully i don't know suddenly what happened!

Is my teensy dead? Or any way to use it? Experts please help! Thanks in advance!

Disconnect everything from the teensy. Check if it turns on now when connected to USB.

Make sure the USB port is live - if there was a short, some computers will not power the USB port again until a full reboot.

If it doesn't appear to turn on, measure voltage between ground and Vcc - is the chip getting power?

DrAzzy:
Disconnect everything from the teensy. Check if it turns on now when connected to USB.

Make sure the USB port is live - if there was a short, some computers will not power the USB port again until a full reboot.

If it doesn't appear to turn on, measure voltage between ground and Vcc - is the chip getting power?

I disconnected the teensy from the circuit. The chip is getting very hot while connected to usb. but no sign of turning on :frowning: Is it dead?

If the microcontroller ic is getting hot while powered, yeah, it's dead.

DrAzzy:
If the microcontroller ic is getting hot while powered, yeah, it's dead.

I see :frowning:

If the product was authentic PRJC, it should have come with a printed color pin chart/breakout card (about 11x15cm) that cautions "Teensy-LC pins are not 5 volt tolerant. Do not apply more than 3.3V".

Did you connect to any devices that output 5 volts? If so, that's what killed it.