Teensy to arduino comm

Hi all,

I am trying to build a remote control robot that uses a Teensy 2.0 in the controller and an Arduino nano 3.0 in the receiver. I know that the Teensy, the transmitter/receiver, and the arduino work fine, but the serial communication is not working. Does anyone know how to get the two boards communicating with serial date, is there a different protocol? If anyone knows of or has any sample code that has a Teensy sending serial data to an arduino I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

-James

Hello.

The Teensy has a hardware UART with a corresponding class library... http://pjrc.com/teensy/td_uart.html

Getting the two boards to exchange data should be as simple as crossing a connection between the Teensy UART and the Nano serial port (don't forget to connect the grounds).

One of the nice things about the teensy is that typical serial debugging/uploading is handled by the usb port, leaving the UART pins (1 and 2) free for other uses. I love these boards :).

Regarding protocol, you're pretty much on your own. My advice would be to keep it as simple as possible, and don't add capabilities that you don't immediately need. A simple send/ack protocol should cover your needs nicely.