telemetry with xbee arduino rs232

I want to a telemetry system by using arduino uno and xbee pro but the data comes by way of rs232. How can I do that. How can I get data from rs232. How could it be possible which code?

Hi,

Try googling xbee arduino rs232

Tom...... :slight_smile:

I tried but not enough result :frowning:

Hi,

What is your electronics, programming, arduino, hardware experience?
Is this a school/college/university project?

Tom.... :slight_smile:

it is a university project. I have to do it :slight_smile:

Hi,

Tom.. :slight_smile:

hi,

it is not enough for this project:(
HELP

Hi, we need to know the level of your experience with electronics, programming and arduino.

If you have no experience at all, then it will be just about impossible for you to accomplish your project without doing preliminary exercises.
Do you know how to program the UNO, what are the specs on the RS232 data that you want to transfer to the xbee?

Tom... :slight_smile:

hi ,
Yes I know how to program arduino uno I have used any other projects. When it comes to rs232, yes I know the comming data. I am planing the convert data to ttl for arduino. I will use xbee pro seris2 and I am doing data transmission but I couldn’t get data drom rs232 and couldn’t connect to each other.

When you say "telemetry" you imply data from some object that may be doing something - what kind of distance are you talking about? Is this a model rocket, rov or just what are you trying to get "telemetry" from (and what kind of data rate do you need).

gpsmikey:
When you say "telemetry" you imply data from some object that may be doing something - what kind of distance are you talking about? Is this a model rocket, rov or just what are you trying to get "telemetry" from (and what kind of data rate do you need).

I suspect since it is a course project, with the transmitter next to the receiver working the OP will get credit for it. But he is unwilling to work towards the credit. Sounds lazy enough in my assumption. But maybe he IS working hard. So OP, post your code. Don't say you have nothing to post. Save it.

This is the very best resource to solve this problem: Serial Input Basics.

TomGeorge:
Hi,

Is this a school/college/university project?

Isnt college and university the same?

liudr:
I suspect since it is a course project, with the transmitter next to the receiver working the OP will get credit for it. But he is unwilling to work towards the credit. Sounds lazy enough in my assumption. But maybe he IS working hard. So OP, post your code. Don't say you have nothing to post. Save it.

I suspect you have pretty well covered it. Most of the "effort" seems to be in posting "help" and not in doing the necessary work to find the information needed.

mart256:
Isnt college and university the same?

I think, in the USA, narrowly speaking, a college is an institution that grants bachelor’s degrees. a university grants both bachelor and advanced (master doctor) degrees. Most of the time getting post-secondary education is the same as getting college education or going to college so college has a broader meaning if used in singular form.

Hi,
In Victoria, Australia we have
Kindergarten
Primary School, year 0 to 6
Secondary School/College, year 7 to 12
P0 toP12 Colleges, year 0 to 12
Tafe schools/colleges (Technical schools cover year 5 through to and including apprenticeships)
and
Universities.

The other states may be have different names and definitions, and I stand corrected.

When I to Tertiary level, which is after year 12, for Electronic Eng Deg, I went to;
an Institute Or Advanced Education
then it became renamed
a College of Advanced Education
and then renamed
a University.
All due to politicians who, still, don't know how to run an education system.

I think the OP needs to draw out a block diagram of how his project is connected and signal flow.

PS, Is it me or have we had an increase in xbee projects of late.

I second Tom. Draw a diagram. Then point out which part op did and post code. Semester is ending, so undergrads are finding their answers online. Also summer is upon the northen hemisphere, agriculture research and projects tends to increase, which may also demand xbee for telemetry.