telnet: can't connect to remote host (127.0.0.1): Connection refused

Hello!

Firstly - thanks for all the awesome work everyone has done on the Yun - it's really exciting to use! I've spent the last 2 hours trying to get over this problem however ... I hope you can help.

My project:
I'm making a system, where 3 Arduino Yuns are controlled wirelessly from a Processing sketch. In Processing, I've created a GUI for creating colour sequences/patterns. I select which Yun I want to upload the colour pattern to, and it streams the colour sequence to that Arduino Yun over Wifi. The Arduino Yun then stores this information in its microSD card, and then plays back that colour sequence/pattern on loop on an Adafruit Neopixel Ring.

The problem:
It was working great this morning! And when I returned to it after lunch, I can no longer connect Processing to my 'test' Yun! I have no idea what could have happened in that one hour I was away. I blame the cat. Anyway, I get this error in the Processing debug area when I try to run my 'handshake' code in Processing (described below):

telnet: can't connect to remote host (127.0.0.1): Connection refused

My setup:

• Macbook Pro, OSX Mavericks, latest Processing, latest Arduino (as of 19/04/2014)
  • Internet received on Macbook Pro via wired ethernet connection. I am then sharing my internet connection via a local WiFi hotspot generated by my laptop. This local network is on Channel 11, with a WPA2-personal security.
  • Connecting Processing to my Yun with example code and an SSH library via the Processing forums: http://forum.processing.org/two/discussion/328/connecting-processing-to-arduino-yun-yun/p1

More details:
When I SSH into my Yun using Terminal, and try: telnet localhost 6571 I get the same error message of 'Connection refused'. I can still upload sketches wirelessly from the Arduino IDE. Also if I try to open up the Console from the Arduino IDE, I get the message

"You're connected to the Console!
connected!
Connection closed by foreign host

What can I do? I've tried resetting in every conceivable way, rolling back my code to that original linked example code from the Processing forum ... I'm about to start again with a fresh Yun out of the box, but I'm reluctant to do so, especially as it was working so beautifully this morning!

Best,

Aran

After commenting-out all code related to FileIO and the microSD card, it started working again. Slowly re-introducing each line has shown me that my arduino had run out of memory - I had created a global array of ints to buffer the colour data coming from Processing. I've reduced that array's size by half, and it is now working robustly!

I think when the arduino was powered up, it would attempt to open the Console, but then it would reset itself (because of running out of memory??), resulting in the 'Connection closed by foreign host' message.

Sorry for the false alarm!

Best,

Aran