Temp Sensor with ESP8266 and Arduino Pro Mini - looses Char array on boot

Hi,

I made a Simple Temperature monitoring device with a DS18b20 sensor, Arduino Pro Mini and ESP8266 wifi module which updates to a remote server using a GSM modem.

Now i tested the device for a few weeks at home and it ran perfect! not a single issue.
However when i installed the same device, housed neatly in a small box, at my work the device seems to fail.

I noticed that when i turned it on a char array would sometimes get lost.

char EFData[128] = "GET /input/post.json?json={";

This happens on 3 different devices, the array is never modified in the code only sent to the ESP8266 during uploads.
The total memory available is more than enough according to MemoryFree.h

The work environment is fairly noisy, a lot of motors and equipment being used. Is it possible that EMI is messing with the system?

Also does the watchdog timer normally not work with the Arduino Pro Mini Atmega328p? or do i have a dodgy device :slight_smile:

Kind Regards
Mellowed

Also does the watchdog timer normally not work with the Arduino Pro Mini Atmega328p

I don't think the WDT is enabled by default

Have you specifically enabled it ?
https://tushev.org/articles/arduino/item/46-arduino-and-watchdog-timer

BTW. If you are just using the ESP8266 to send data from the DS18B20 the Arduino is probably redundant.

There is code to directly read the DS18B20 into the ESP8266, either in C or using LUA