Temperature and Voltage Alarm

I am trying to take an arduino uno that I have acquired and trying to make it do the following....

check temperature in degrees F every couple seconds
check relative humidity % every couple minutes or so
check 12v, if drops to zero activate a relay to where normally open is now closed
If temps are between 64F and 90F a second relay has normally open now closed
if temp is over 82F activate a relay to turn on an a/c
if temp is under 72
F activate a relay to turn on heater
If temps are below 64F or above 90F, power to second relay is cut off and normally open then opens
I would like to be able to change high and low temps in the code
If power cuts off/ when power turns back on it needs to continue working like normal

At some point in time I would like to possibly hook it up to a laptop and log the data to give me hourly/daily/weekly averages etc

I currently have a(n)......
Arduino Uno
Arduino Uno Experimenters kit from Radio Shack
dht22 temp/humidity sensor
2 x relay boards with 5 relays each
air quality sensor
board that has a spot for a battery... I believe it is a clock
enclosure box

I know I would have to get some larger solid state relays for the 1000w heater and for the small a/c unit

is there anyone willing to help me get through this small project, I know its not difficult for someone with experience, but I essentially have none. As of now, my only experience programming is the small projects in the starter kit from Radio Shack.

Thanks,
Kyle

kymadan:
I know its not difficult for someone with experience, but I essentially have none. As of now, my only experience programming is the small projects in the starter kit from Radio Shack.

A quick tip, if you don't have much experience, begin with an easier project. This project seems small but it's not that easy. I'd divide this project into subprojects, and then join all the parts together.
For example, start building a simple thermostat. If that works, then build a humidity meter, separately. And so on... Finally bring all together.