Temperature Counter Project.

Hi Guys, I need help with this project. I need to calculate temperature. Which Arduino Board should i buy that can accomadate the following requirements? four LEDs four push-button switches 16 character, 2-Line LCD

Can someone help me with the programming part? I would like to have 4 push buttons, button 1 - 4. each button tied to a different colored LED. everytime a button is push, the specific LED for the button lights up for a delay of 1000. Button 1 increase temperature by 1' celcius, button 2 by 2' celcius, button 3 by 3' celcius & button 4 by 4' celcius. The program must also be able to calculate the total celcius regardless of the number of different buttons being push & display it onto LCD. example like LCD will display Btn 1 - Press 3 Times, Btn 2 - 1 Times, Btn 3 - 0 Times, Btn 4 - 2 Times & Total Temp: 13' celcius. You can mail me at projects_mania@hotmail.com. Thank you all..

You say you need to calculate the temperature, but I see nothing in here that actually reads the temperature, so really it's just a counting project. An Arduino Uno would work fine for that hardware.

Yes, I am sorry. Its a calculating project. I am very noob on this, i just can't figure out how to create the counters & calculate them, thus sending it to display on LCD.

amirali: Yes, I am sorry. Its a calculating project. I am very noob on this, i just can't figure out how to create the counters & calculate them, thus sending it to display on LCD.

From what I can gather, you don't even have the Arduino yet. Your first step is to get the Arduino and check out some of the example sketches and tutorials to get a feeling for how the device works.

You are not really calculating, all you are doing is counting and using four buttons seems to be making the interface complicated. Why not have just two buttons, one for units and one for tens. You could count upto 101 with just 11 button presses.