Temperature sensor for my old oven

Hi, i wanna put a temperature sensor inside my oven in a very cheap way and also safe
I found a very low price sensor KTY84-130 at my local store, 0.8 usd, and it supports a temperature of 300 and lower, just pefect for my oven i'll say, the next temperature sensor is 12 usd and supports ~1200 but for mine, the first one fits good(i think)

So the next question is how i'll wire it, considering that wires can melt inside my oven
+
How i'll display the temperature, what is the cheapest way to do it ?

I assume you read this before you purchased it: KTY84-130 temperature sensor. PT1000 is the successor. KTY temperature sensor is discontinued and no longer available in the market.

Since it's a temperature sensitive resistor, I think you would wire it as part of a voltage divider and use the Arduino A/D converter to measure the voltage across it.

Wire it using high temperature wire and if you need to solder, use high temperature solder. Probably would want to use clamping.

A better question to think about is how you are going to calibrate it?

Cheapest way to display anything is to use Serial.write and Serial.print to show it on your PC.

Paul

Paul_KD7HB:
I assume you read this before you purchased it: KTY84-130 temperature sensor. PT1000 is the successor. KTY temperature sensor is discontinued and no longer available in the market.

Since it's a temperature sensitive resistor, I think you would wire it as part of a voltage divider and use the Arduino A/D converter to measure the voltage across it.

Wire it using high temperature wire and if you need to solder, use high temperature solder. Probably would want to use clamping.

A better question to think about is how you are going to calibrate it?

Cheapest way to display anything is to use Serial.write and Serial.print to show it on your PC.

Paul

high temperature wire
high temperature solder

i suppose those aren't cheap :smiley: ..
+your sensor, which cost 3600% higher then the one i found
but, alternatives to pt1000 are his childrens:
PT106051 - 1.4 usd
PT106054 - 2 usd
both support up to 500 celsius

but i still don't know how i'll wire it, inside the oven

and about the serial, i don't have a pc in my kitchen :smiley: ..
i tought about some 3 digit segments + arduino pro mini, it is good ?

Only you know your oven, so I can offer NO suggestions. The wire can be very thin because they won’t be very long and carry little current. I am using Teflon insulated wire in the drying oven I am modifying. But it won’t get above 100C.

I am partial to LCD displays using I2C communication. Very easy to use.

I am also partial to Arduino nano boards.

How are you going to power the project?

Paul

Paul_KD7HB:
Only you know your oven, so I can offer NO suggestions. The wire can be very thin because they won’t be very long and carry little current. I am using Teflon insulated wire in the drying oven I am modifying. But it won’t get above 100C.

I am partial to LCD displays using I2C communication. Very easy to use.

I am also partial to Arduino nano boards.

How are you going to power the project?

Paul

Teflon isulated wires supports up to 200 celsius, what is the temperatures rises above this, i really don’t know how hot my oven can be
but i think, whose are the best option to choose

i’m gonna power my project using a phone charger or every adapter i’ll find, <5V
I already ordered a 4 digit segment + i2c adapter + pro mini from aliexpress
i’m also thinking to add a buzzer, a timer to this :smiley: but this is offtopic

still, i didn’t find any options for soldering or however i’ll attach the sensor to my wires unless i wrap the wire around it :smiley:

Remind me to never eat at your house.

Surely this a case for a type K thermocouple

Allan