Temperature sensors Wireless Advice Please

I do have some knowledge of an arduino

I would like to wirelessly (hopefully) connect temperature (and humidity) sensors in my 3 polytunnels and greenhouse to individual LCD's to display each sensor.

I have 3 polytunnels next to each other, I would like 3 sensors in each front, middle and back to keep an eye on the temperature in each, I also have a greenhouse that i use for propagation of cuttings and seeds, this has propagation boxes in it around 14 each needing a sensor.

I would like the system to end in one room with LCD's displaying the values of each (I will build an enclosure and label them to identify what is what) but also min and max if possible to see what the temps are of a night or in the heat of the day.

The tunnels are 5m to the front of them and they are 17m x 8m, the greenhouse is roughly 75m from where i would like the LCD's.

I can make a single trans/ receiver for temperature and humid and display it on the LCD, but can i hook up multiple sensors to one and feed off to multi LCD's?

any help is highly appreciated, thank you

Why multi LCD's?

I need to see the temperature of each sensor individually and at some point I will need to data log the info to see if the temps drop too low and possibly damage the plants

(deleted)

J_Erbe:
I need to see the temperature of each sensor individually and at some point I will need to data log the info to see if the temps drop too low and possibly damage the plants

That is more evidence of misconception than an explanation. Further, the datalogging has nothig to to do with LCDs (I hope).

anwofis:
Look like quite a project you're planning.

For the display you can try e.g. the Nextion HMI or something similiar. Just define multiple pages for different sensors.

For temperature measuring maybe DS18B20 sensors are of interest, where you can connect multiple sensors on long distances per 1-wire-bus, so you can save pins.

I have ordered some different sensors and the DS18B20 is one of them ha ha.
I have been looking at a post I read of using 4 LCD's to display different data using one Arduino Uno, I am going to play with using more than 4 and if i run out of pins maybe upgrade to a Mega and see what results I get.

Nick_Pyner:
That is more evidence of misconception than an explanation. Further, the datalogging has nothig to to do with LCDs (I hope).

After digging deeper and have been able to find a post about using Min and Max aswell as current so will put the data logging on hold and see if it will be necessary.

I work for a charity and we have the tunnels and greenhouse we grow what we can from seeds and cuttings to keep costs to a minimum, I also use biological pest control as we have our students about with various disabilities so I don't like to use the harsh chemicals if i can help it, I need to keep the temp ideal for the good bugs to kill the bad bugs ha ha.

I have had a quote to have a system install and its just ridiculously expensive so I thought why not try to come up with the idea with Arduino's, this should keep costs down and also combine an interest of mine ha ha, If it works on a small scale then I will ramp it up.

I have also been looking into using the HC-12 module to send and receive the data, but I cannot find any information on sending multiple sensor data, then receiving it and transfer the data to LCD's, I will play about and see what happens if it doesn't work then never mind, if it does then brilliant

If you have internet near, then a <$5 WiFi based Arduino like a WeMos D1 mini can be used to read a whole bunch of DS18B20 sensors.
And log the temps (weeks,months or even years) in it's internal flash memory, with internet accurate time stamps.
The WeMos can also generate web pages, with graphs, that you can access with a smartphone.
No LCD setup needed.
Example with one DS18B20 in this guide.
Leo..

Wawa:
If you have internet near, then a <$5 WiFi based Arduino like a WeMos D1 mini can be used to read a whole bunch of DS18B20 sensors.
And log the temps (weeks,months or even years) in it's internal flash memory, with internet accurate time stamps.
The WeMos can also generate web pages, with graphs, that you can access with a smartphone.
No LCD setup needed.
Example with one DS18B20 in this guide.
Leo..

That looks brilliant mate, will look into this a bit more as it would be chaper ha ha, Can i have more than one of the WeMos D1 mini boards connected ao I have one per tunnel and one for the Greenhouse all loading information to one place?

Thank you

J_Erbe:
Can i have more than one of the WeMos D1 mini boards connected ao I have one per tunnel and one for the Greenhouse

all loading information to one place?

You can have as many WiFi devices (WeMos, phones, etc.) as you router supports.

Not sure. That might depend on your programming skills.
Leo..

Wawa:
You can have as many WiFi devices (WeMos, phones, etc.) as you router supports.

Not sure. That might depend on your programming skills.
Leo..

I will have to have a play about then and see what I can manage ha ha, thank you