Temperatures

Hi can anybody help me as I am looking to time the temperature rise from a start point to a finish point ...

If I have a tube and the temp is 20deg Ami rise to 30deg as flow comes through it set the first sensor of and starts the timer as it goes to the second sensor it rises to 30deg then the timer stops we have a time for example 20 seconds

You have told us almost nothing about the equipment you are using so this is going to be a very general answer.

Save the value of millis() when the temperature gets to 20deg and save it again in another variable when the temperature gets to 30 deg. Subtract the first number from the second.

...R

18months: Hi can anybody help me as I am looking to time the temperature rise from a start point to a finish point ...

If I have a tube and the temp is 20deg Ami rise to 30deg as flow comes through it set the first sensor of and starts the timer as it goes to the second sensor it rises to 30deg then the timer stops we have a time for example 20 seconds

Based on what you have said, I would recommend a stopwatch.

Thanks robin this to detect flow temp between points ..

So stop watch is not what's needed airs noacuarate enough thanks

18months: Thanks robin this to detect flow temp between points ..

So stop watch is not what's needed airs noacuarate enough thanks

Your first sentence doesn't really add much to the total of our knowledge about your project.

And you can program the Arduino to do much the same things as a stopwatch - but do it automatically and with greater precision.

...R

18months: Thanks robin this to detect flow temp between points ..

Whats the "flow temp between points" ?

Hi,

• Do you have a pipe?
  • Does it have a temp sensor at the start of the pipe?
  • Does it have a temp sensor at the end of the pipe?
  • Do you want to start a timer when the start temp sensor = 20DegC ?
  • Do you want to stop the timer when the end sensor = 30DegC ?
  • What is the Medium you are using?
  • Can the temp sensors intrude into the pipe?
  • What sort of accuracy/resolution do you need with temperature?
  • What sort of accuracy/resolution do you need with the timer?

Thanks.. Tom.. :)

18months: Hi can anybody help me as I am looking to time the temperature rise from a start point to a finish point ...

I guess that English is not your first language.